TITLE: Program Aide
REPORTS TO: Program Aide Supervisor
1. Responsible for providing coverage for all units and facilities, monitoring client safety and activities to ensure that clients adhere to program rules and regulations.
2. Responsible for conducting client head counts
3. Monitor and assist clinical team in client treatment activities as needed
4. Responsible for client Check-in forms, Discharge forms, Inventory forms, Room reassignments and Personal Property Check list and effectively document all information
5. Monitors all client behavior as needed, de-escalating potentially violent situations, resolving conflicts and forwarding pertinent information to the supervisor
6. Responsible for maintaining client confidentiality in accordance with State, Federal and HIPPA regulations and JBRC Policy and Procedures.
7. Attends and participates in all required meetings and trainings
8. Responsible for responding to JBRC emergencies and making appropriate contacts
9. Responsible for notifying referral agencies (identified contacts) in case of resident abscond.
10. Responsible for escorting clients to and from approved appointments outside of facility.
11. Assure client adherence to daily schedule.
12. Responsible for being punctual and reporting for work when scheduled to include meal break reliefs and the PBX Operator
13. Performs other related duties as assigned by Safety & Security Supervisor and other management as required.
14. Ability to maintain professional and ethical boundaries and be a team player.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge in procedures necessary to oversee the safety of clients and staff in all JBRC facilities.
2. Demonstrate the ability to interact with clients in an appropriate therapeutic manner
3. Ability to write accurate documentation regarding safety and client incidents
4. Ability to recognize the elements of a client crisis
5. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with all employees
6. Ability to deliver service in a way that is responsive, respectful, caring and helpful while maintaining confidentiality, ethical and professional boundaries.
7. Ability to demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility as clients needs & priorities shift.
8. Ability to be respectful of diverse cultures, ethnic and religious backgrounds as well as alternative lifestyles.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic Computer knowledge & writing skills
Valid NJ Drivers License perferred
JBRC reserves the right to revise or change this description and the duties and responsibilities herein as the need arises. This description does not in any way constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.