- Conduct nursing assessments to determine appropriate treatment options and appropriateness of admission, while maintaining a caseload of 3-5 clients that require medication management.
- Co-facilitate psychoeducational, therapy and/or support groups.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Actively participate in individual and group supervision and consultation groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The student nurse has a low level range of discretion and independent decision-making.
The student nurse works closely with the Advanced Practice Nurse, outpatient program department team, and staff who are part of the multidisciplinary team.
John Brooks Recovery Center seeks to work with students who are committed to working with individuals, groups, and families who have experienced substance use, co-occurring disorders or trauma or are interested in developing an expertise in this area. Flexible, motivated students who enjoy a challenging environment have found this practicum to be a good fit for them.
Applicants who have previous experience working with this population and have knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Patient and Family Centered Care, and trauma treatment are preferred. Bilingual (Spanish-English) students are strongly encouraged to apply.