Accrue 20 days off your first year of employment
Eligible for Health Insurance after 30 days
Eligible to participate in JBRC's 401K Program after 90 days with up to a 3% agency match
8 paid holidays
1. High School equivalent or GED. Associates degree preferred in social work, psychology, behavioral studies or related fields.
2. Must be able to obtain security clearance to work in the Atlantic County Justice Facility.
3. Must complete mandatory eighteen (18) hour Ethics/Peer Support training and forty-six (46) hour Recovery Specialist training.
4. Must have two years' experience in the guiding principles of recovery that assist individuals to improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and reach their full potential.
5. Must be intimately familiar with the local recovery community and knowledgeable of all local social services, businesses, faith-based organizations and neighborhoods.
6. Continually pursues goal of integrating cultural competency into recovery support.
7. Bilingual a plus, Spanish preferred.
Provides peer-to-peer recovery support services and may perform specialized activities and functions to assist individuals in their recovery
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor Project Kickstart
· Provides direct peer-to-peer recovery support services during and post incarceration.
· Provides outreach and engagement services for clients during and post incarceration.
· Provides recovery coaching to assist at all stages of the recovery continuum.
· Provides routine recovery check-ups (face-to-face and telephone) in order to maintain regular contact with the clients post incarceration.
· Assist consumers in formulating individualized recovery action plan.
· Facilitate All Recovery support groups and other groups for clients during and post incarceration.
· May perform specialized activities and functions specific to the program.
· Provide day of release transportation from the jail to community services.
· Completes documentation and other reporting requirements.
· Meets regularly with supervisor, and participates in other continuing professional development opportunities.