- Conduct clinical assessments to determine appropriate treatment options.
- Provide individual and group counseling to individuals diagnosed with an opioid use disorder by integrating treatment models and techniques.
- Co-facilitate psycho-educational, therapy and/or support groups.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide case management services to clients.
- Actively participate in individual and group supervision and consultation groups.
- Participate in local networking and training opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The clinical social work intern has a low level range of discretion and independent decision-making.
The clinical social work intern works closely with the licensed clinical social workers, outpatient program
department team, and staff who are part of the multidisciplinary team.
John Brooks Recovery Center seeks to work with students who are committed to working with individuals, groups, and families who have experienced substance use, co-occurring disorders or trauma or are interested in developing an expertise in this area. Flexible, motivated students who enjoy a challenging environment have found this practicum to be a good fit for them.
Applicants who have previous experience working with this population and have knowledge of
Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Patient and Family Centered Care, and trauma treatment are preferred. Bilingual (Spanish-English) students are strongly encouraged to apply.