1. Completes accurate assessments of clients coming to medical unit not limited to vital signs on arrival.
2. Accurately administers client medications/treatments as ordered. Not limited to methadone/suboxone.
3. Administers appropriate emergency treatment and completes transfer process to acute care as needed.
4. Assists with admission intake process for all outpatient clients. Performs nursing assessments and all required services for newly admitted clients.
5. Responsible for maintaining all emergency bags and removing outdated medications.
6. Maintains confidentiality of all client information in accordance with state and federal regulations.
7. Accurately maintains client records, including updating all medication orders monthly in accordance with face sheet.
8. Responsible for monitoring and writing monthly methadone/suboxone orders in client charts and scheduling yearly physicals, labs, nursing assessments, medical order updates, and TB testing for assigned clients and documenting same in progress notes.
9. Assists physician with client physicals and accurately documents results in clients' records.
10. Ability to make verbal presentations to residential clients, outpatient clients' orientation and staff as related to program or other medical issues as designated.
11. Knowledge of methadone and suboxone drug indications, dosage and route of administration.
12. Capable of logging into SMART for start of day procedure and completes end of day procedure. This includes computer for methadone and buprenorphine
13. Responsible for accurate dispensing and recording of methadone/suboxone for outpatient clients per state and federal regulations
14. Ability to reconcile methadone/suboxone in SMART.
15. Accurately dispenses and records methadone/suboxone per federal regulations to include counting and recording Controlled Dangerous Substances with two medical/nursing personnel.
16. Able to perform bottle to bottle transfer of methadone.
17. Ability to document incidents regarding methadone/suboxone per federal regulations.
18. Ability to accurately enter methadone/suboxone dosages per MD orders and renew expired orders.
19. Accurate assessment of clients prior to dosing, not limited to vital signs and document results. Ability to obtain thorough and complete history and physicals on admission, annuals and as needed when dosing or medical issues occur during treatment. Ability to obtain accurate medication lists and have basic knowledge of possible interactions with methadone and buprenorphine.
20. Capable of delivering consistently superior quality service as measured by the clients' medical level.
21. Provide orientation to new clients (infection control/universal precautions, dosage, safe handling).
22. Ability to manage methadone and suboxone accountability forms and logs.
23. Ability to sign and complete DEA222 forms and DEA 41 waste forms.
24. Ability to maintain a clean work area that is properly stocked to safely administer MAT. This shall include but not limited to:
25. Ability to participate in treatment teams, mandatory in-services as scheduled by HR, administration and for new products or medications.
26. Provides lab review services to clients, including (but not limited to) educating clients on lab results and communicable disease. Accurately tracking communicable disease data, and assisting with state reporting. Assisting APN with Primary Care Services, HCV/HIV medication receiving and distribution.
27. Performs other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have computer skills required to administer methadone/suboxone doses and record data.
2. Ability to actively engage in conversation with clients in order to clearly understand their needs.
3. Capable of delivering service in a way that is responsive, respectful, caring, and helpful.
4. Ability to adapt to changing environments, policies or administrative procedures.
5. Capable of delivering a consistently superior quality service as measured by the client's medical level.
6. Capable of exhibiting respect for individuals from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
7. Ability to accurately calculate doses of methadone via the Ivek pump.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of health related issues regarding addiction.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Licensed Practical nurse in the State of New Jersey
1 year of Nursing experience